Senior Software Engineer (Remote)
Do you like writing mean and clean code? Broadlume’s on a mission to transform the Flooring industry through integrated technology. We are scaling quickly -- our platform processes nearly 1 million leads a year and we need your help to build innovative solutions with this data for our clients.
We're looking for someone with a passion for collaboratively building products and services, who enjoys working solo as well as pair programming, and maintains a beginner's mindset in approaching problems.
We are a remote first team that values written communication and a collective effort toward maintaining a collaborative team culture. Documentation and async communication are key to our success and allow us to solve problems with input from engineers across teams and timezones.
Our deployment pipeline, testing practices and strong code review culture gives every engineer the freedom and support to fix problems quickly and make improvements when they see fit. We champion automation and our engineers regularly create slack hooks, bash commit scripts, email alerts and other tools that make our work lives easier.
**This is a full time, remote position**
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- You will contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle, from ideation to specification
- You will write clean, maintainable, and efficient code
- You will design robust, scalable and secure features
- You will contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle
- You will advocate for best practices (test-driven development, continuous integration, refactoring, and code standards)
- You will take an active role in your professional development by serving both as a mentor and mentee on the Engineering team
- You will drive continuous adoption and integration of relevant new technologies across the entire org, building team cohesion
WHO YOU ARE:
- 5+ years of proven work experience as a software developer
- Proven work experience in software development
- Experience using technologies and frameworks like — but not limited to — our tech stack: C#, React, Typescript, Next.js, SQL, DocumentDB
- Desire to always learn and grow your professional skill set both technically and otherwise
- Ability to communicate complex ideas clearly through concise written and verbal communication
- A philosophy that quality code and test coverage allows a team to move faster
- Experience developing highly interactive applications
- A firm grasp of object-oriented analysis and design
- Passion for writing great, simple, clean, efficient code
- Good knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
**Don’t have experience with any of them? No problem — deep experience with any object-oriented language and willingness to learn our tech stack goes a long way.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, 4% match)
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Family Leave
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Work From Home + Remote Office Allowance
- Wellness Resources & Lifestyle Perks
- Calm Premium App Subscription
- Stock Option Plan
Who We Are:
Our mission at Broadlume is pretty simple: simplify the complicated world of digital marketing for the flooring industry. The opportunity is massive, and we have the team to execute the vision…except, well, for you.
At Broadlume, we are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Broadlume is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.