Senior Accountant (Remote)
Broadlume is on a mission to transform the Flooring industry through integrated technology. We are looking for a talented Senior Accountant to join our Finance and Accounting Team. In this role, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for completing month-end closing procedures, implementing internal controls and audit readiness. The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter who knows what a best-in-class accounting function looks like and is willing to help us get there.
This is a full time, remote position and reports to the Controller. There are no direct reports at this time. This is a highly visible role with an opportunity to structure the accounting function to operate efficiently and effectively. This is a salaried position.
**This is a full time, remote position**
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Actively participate in monthly accounting closes by preparing journal entries, account reconciliations and work papers
- Review, assess and overhaul existing account reconciliations and closing procedures to ensure financial statements are audit-ready and presented in accordance with GAAP
- Advise on, implement and document internal controls, accounting policies and procedures
- Analyze accounting results and investigate variances to prior periods and budget
- Assist with internal and external financial and tax audits
- Review transactions and update sales & use tax filings through our 3rd party software provider Avalara
- Support budgeting, cash management and cash forecasting processes
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- CPA certification required
- 5-7 years of successful work experience in Accounting
- Deep understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, internal controls, month-end close procedures and financial reporting standards
- Hands-on experience with Sage Intacct strong plus
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Self-starter with ability to meet deadlines, prioritize effectively and work independently in a fast paced environment
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with ability to interact with all levels of management, department leaders and external providers
- Experience working in a start-up environment will be a strong benefit
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, 4% match)
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Family Leave
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Work From Home + Remote Office Allowance
- Wellness Resources & Lifestyle Perks
- Calm Premium App Subscription
- Stock Option Plan
Who We Are:
Our mission at Broadlume is pretty simple: simplify the complicated world of digital marketing for the flooring industry. The opportunity is massive, and we have the team to execute the vision…except, well, for you.
At Broadlume, we are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Broadlume is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.