Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Thursday, December 28, 2023
Backed by the latest technology and a state-of-the-art automotive reconditioning facility, Carma makes buying pre-loved cars a seamless, hassle-free experience. Our vast range of cars and our high reconditioning standards are second to none, join us in disrupting the used car industry in Australia!
About the role
Our Automotive Assistant role gives you the chance to familiarise yourself with the different steps in our production processes and understand the automotive industry. On a day-to-day basis, you'll be supporting the team with tasks like inspecting the cars for damage, driving them from site to site, car washing and helping with the preparation of the cars for customer delivery.
- Preparing vehicles for photography or customer delivery including washing, buffing, and cleaning - ensuring that no detail is missed!
- Inspect vehicles for damage
- Logging the car’s information into the system (we will provide you with your own iPad)
- Support the team to reach targets for the day by being collaborative and showing initiative
- Safely and confidently driving and relocating cars around our own facilities, as well as driving them to external sites/ suppliers
- No automotive experience required - if you're eager to learn more about cars and the automotive industry, then this is the role for you!
- Tech savvy - comfortable picking up new systems (experience using an iPad would be a beneficial)
- Hold a valid NSW driver's license
- Great attention to detail and happy to work in a fast-paced environment
- Punctual and reliable
- Full-time availability, you'll be working 8 am - 4 pm, Monday - Friday onsite in Alexandria, Sydney
Working at Carma!
- We want to make sure you love working at Carma! As an Automotive Assistant with us, you’ll get access to all our employee benefits including:
- Career progression: We love to promote from within - if you want to develop your skills and progress your career in the automotive world, this is the place for you
- Culture: Enjoy coming to work - we have social events, free snacks and breakfasts, fresh coffee, Friday beers and 24/7 well-being support through Sonder
- Discounts: We offer discounts across Carma cars, car parts and NRMA roadside insurance
At Carma, we are committed to enhancing our amazing culture, and ensuring every Carma employee can bring their best self to work! We embrace diversity and inclusion, are committed to safe work practices and make sure that we have support for all people to grow and develop with us. When you apply, please let us know of any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.