Junior Brand Designer
Empathy is on a mission to help families with everything they face after losing a loved one. With an award-winning product, powered by tech and driven by purpose, we provide peace of mind by guiding families through all the tedious and time-consuming tasks that follow a loss, automating many of the processes so that they can focus on what truly matters.
We’re looking for a Brand and Marketing Designer to join our team—a passionate visual designer with experience collaborating with multiple stakeholders to communicate messages effectively and visually pleasingly to various audiences.
About the team
Design is a key element in everything we do at Empathy, providing a visual framework that helps families feel supported, comforted, and valued. Communicating with those experiencing a crisis requires a sensitive and simple approach. We strive to provide a soothing experience and a clear interface that will guide them as they progress in their logistical tasks and on their road to healing.
Our passionate design team shares this vision and understands the profound impact of design in creating trust and connection during times of vulnerability. Join us in contributing to this essential mission through the power of design.
In this role you will
- Evolve and strengthen our brand, and help us tell our story to bereaved families, potential partners, media outlets, and communities
- Design stunning mixed-media content for all brand touchpoints: web assets, social media content, sales collateral, presentations, digital ads, swag, etc.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with a variety of stakeholders, including at the executive level to ensure a cohesive yet flexible identity that serves different needs and audiences
- Develop resources, guidelines, and templates that empower the team to create beautiful and thoughtful brand expressions that are consistent and scalable
What we're looking for
- Up to 3 years of experience as a Brand designer
- Experience working in a high-growth mid-stage startup
- Bachelors degree in Visual Communication
- Strong knowledge of design best practices
- Strong portfolio with a diverse set of projects
- Expertise in Figma and Adobe suite applications
- Strong critical thinking and storytelling skills
- A proactive and thoughtful team player, who can smoothly communicate with team members and stakeholders
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment and turn ambiguity into direction, including prioritizing and working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Mission-driven, with a passion for helping families dealing with loss
- High level of ownership and accountability
- Pixel-perfect attitude, with attention to the smallest of details
Please include a link to your portfolio.