Senior Manager, US People Operations
Empathy was created to help families with everything they face after the loss of a loved one. Powered by tech and driven by purpose, we are on a mission to change the way the world deals with loss, teaming up with some of the world’s biggest and oldest companies to bring a new level of support to those who need it most. It’s unique, rewarding work with many interesting challenges along the way.
Our flagship product is a digital loss companion that accompanies families through every aspect of a loved one’s death, from funeral planning and estate settlement to dealing with grief, mortality, and family. Partnering with families to bring empathy and transparency to every aspect of this difficult time in their lives, we’re on a mission to change the way the world copes with loss
About the team
The People Operations team is critical in supporting the fast-paced growth of the company and fostering its ability to scale. The team works collaboratively with counterparts and leadership in Empathy’s global HQ in Tel Aviv, Israel to both align global processes and ensure a positive employee experience, enabling the company’s success across our regions. In addition, the regional team is also focused on addressing the specific needs of our US employee base, including team members based in our NYC office and remotely across the US. As the Senior Manager of US People Operations, you will report to the Head of People Operations, based in Tel Aviv, and work closely with the Chief Operating Officer, based in NYC. You will both manage a small team and also operate as an individual contributor in a generalist capacity across multiple focus areas.
In this role you will
- Manage a team to deliver on projects spanning US office operations, culture, compensation and benefits, talent acquisition/retention, DEI, compliance, training, onboarding/offboarding, and more.
- Provide insights using HR metrics to develop clear insights and recommendations to stakeholders
Compliance and Benefits:
- Ensure HR and payroll compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, including reviewing and creating policies/practices
- Review current employee benefits and evaluate alternative options
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement programs to support the attraction, retention, and engagement of US employees
- Guide our performance management process supporting transparent and constructive feedback (upwards, downwards, and peer)
- Create learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees
- Strengthen company culture by championing and building out programs that foster engagement
- Plan and coordinate company all hands and leadership/team off sites
- 5+ years of hands-on experience within roles across the People team (HRBP, Benefits, People Ops, etc.) within a high-growth tech startup
- 3+ years of experience managing a team, with a proven track record as a strong leader
- Deep knowledge of HR Policies, procedures, and federal legislation related to employment practices and general HR administration
- Advanced knowledge of HRIS, ATS, and benefits plans
- High EQ with a strong ability to form trust and communicate
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and frequently changing environment
- Mission-driven, with a passion for helping families dealing with loss
- Experience working closely with global teams (preferably an Israeli startup)
- Experience with scaling up teams to over 150+ employees, including a function focused on care delivery
- Experience with office expansion and setup
The salary for this position ranges between $110,000-$140,000. This is decided based on many factors, including but not limited to: skills, qualifications, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, we are proud to offer stock options in the company and a competitive benefits package.