Customer Outreach Associate
Empathy is on a mission to help families with everything they face after the loss of a loved one. Powered by tech and driven by purpose, we provide peace of mind by guiding families through all the tedious and time-consuming tasks that follow a loss. We partner with employers and life insurance carriers, offering their employees and/or clients meaningful support when they need it most. We work steadfastly to update and innovate our offerings to make sure families are always receiving the highest level of support. It’s unique and rewarding work that offers many interesting challenges along the way.
Our flagship product is a digital loss companion that accompanies families through every aspect of a loved one’s death, from funeral planning and estate settling to dealing with grief, mortality, and family. Partnering with families to bring empathy and transparency to every aspect of this difficult time in their lives, we’re on a mission to change the way the world copes with loss.
About the team
The Care Team works alongside our platform to provide the human element of support to families who are dealing with a loved one’s passing. We are a compassionate, self starting, and organized team made up of Customer Outreach Associates (COA) and Care Managers. Our COAs specifically work to ensure that all individuals who are eligible get the support that they need and are set up with the Empathy platform. From there, our Care Managers work to thoughtfully guide and support those families with whatever they are facing.
In this role you will
Our Care Outreach Associates are proactive with strong communication skills and high EQ. They can explain our value proposition over the phone and develop a trusting relationship with potential users.
- Serve as the first point of contact for prospective users, primarily via phone
- Build immediate connection and trust by listening thoughtfully to each user’s unique needs
- Utilize product knowledge and an empathetic approach to connect each user’s needs to Empathy service offerings
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure a seamless user experience
- Meet volume and quality-based call goals
- At least 2 years of work experience, preferably within a customer-facing role
- A people person who easily connects with others, and who delights in helping solve problems and creating great user experiences
- A desire to work at at a high-growth early stage start up
- Someone self-motivated who takes a high level of ownership and accountability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and a high level of empathy when speaking with clients over the phone
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
- Mission-driven with a passion for helping families dealing with loss
- Experience in dialer-based sales roles and/or customer service environments that require patience and persistence
- Knowledge of lead generation and a good grasp of how to positively influence prospects
- Experience using Slack, Zoom, Google suite, Zendesk, Sendbird, and other common software tools
The salary for this position ranges between $40,000 - $52,000. This is decided based on many factors, including but not limited to: skills, qualifications, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, we are proud to offer stock options in the company and a competitive benefits package.