Backend Lead (Hands-on), Platform Engineering
The Mesh team is a group of innovators and leaders on a mission to make payments smarter, smoother, and more secure. We believe in building a transparent and dynamic world, and we highly invest in our people, customers, and product. We have a flexible work model, connecting people from multiple locations including the US, Europe, and Tel Aviv. We are always looking for talented people to be part of the team and to help shape the Mesh product and culture. Join us in building the future of corporate payments!
We are looking for an experienced, hands-on leader to establish our Platform-backend team.
This is a unique opportunity to create the next generation of Mesh applicative infrastructure by
architecting, and implementing solutions that empowers all of Mesh R&D, allowing teams to make
more impact, faster.
What will you do
● Work closely with other engineering teams and managers to better understand R&D
challenges, opportunities and needs
● Build and improve common applicative infrastructure and core system capabilities.
● Design and implement highly reliable, scalable, and performant solutions.
● Introduce new tools and technologies to reduce overhead and streamline R&D operations.
● Have full ownership over designing, implementing, testing, deploying, monitoring and
troubleshooting features and services in a live production environment.
● Continuously push the professionalism bar higher by promoting a culture of quality and
What Should You Have:
● 6+ years of experience in software development.
● At least 3 years of management experience in managing and mentoring engineers
● In depth knowledge of industry standard best practices, development lifecycle processes and
● Proven industry experience working in a high-scale and distributed, cloud-based systems
● Proactive and creative thinking with a strong passion for problem-solving.
● Previous experience working on financials/payments systems - an advantage
● Previous experience in a start-up environment - an advantage
● Experience using agile methodology is a plus.
● Fluent English - spoken and written
We want to make sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. Mesh is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Mesh’s policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Something looks off?