Android Team Leader
We create a safe space for communities to thrive.
OpenWeb’s mission is to improve the quality of conversations online, building a healthier web where content creators of all kinds are empowered to thrive. As a product company, OpenWeb partners with publishers and brands to build strong, direct relationships with their audiences.
OpenWeb’s technology empowers its partners to build vibrant communities rooted in healthy conversations and robust social experiences. OpenWeb works with more than 1,000 top-tier publishers, hosting more than 100 million active users each month.
Founded in 2015, OpenWeb has nearly 300 employees in New York City, Tel Aviv, Kyiv, San Diego, Canada, London, and Paris and is backed by world-class investors, including Georgian, Insight Partners, Entrée Capital, The New York Times, Samsung Next, Dentsu, and ScaleUp. To date, the company has raised $393 million in funding and is currently valued at $1.5 billion.
To learn more about OpenWeb’s platform, visit OpenWeb.com, or follow @OpenWebHQ on LinkedIn and Twitter.
What You'll Do:
- Your Mission. Build a best-in-class Mobile SDK and lead a highly professional, collaborative team of Android engineers.
- Hands-on. At least 70% development as part of the team. Be responsible for writing high-quality, UI, defect-free, secure, extensible, and reusable code, and ensure that code is protected and tested through rigorous automated practices.
- Management. An active role in moving and leading our Android team.
- Build the future. End-to-end planning and execution of the structure for our Android Mobile SDK to match our current scope of product offerings between mobile and web.
- Teamwork. Partner closely with the product/design team and play an active role in moving and leading our Android team.
- You will report to the Squad Engineering Manager.
What You'll Bring:
- 6+ years of experience working hands-on in Android development of complex native applications
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience as a Team Lead or Tech Lead - Advantage
- Experience with scalable SDK development using Kotlin, MVVM, Background Threads, and UI/UX
- Advantage: experience Flows, Coroutines and Unit Testing.
- Hands-on end-to-end development of Android SDK features using agile methods
- Able to take ownership and communicate respectfully and effectively with both technical and non-technical teams
- Experience with performance optimization of large native code bases
- Strong Product and Business sense
The OpenWeb Culture
We offer a dynamic and unconventional work environment that spans from NYC to London, France, Kyiv, and Tel Aviv, bringing together a diverse group of world-class and high-caliber techies, wordsmiths, entrepreneurs, and creative thinkers. We empower every individual across our global team to be a catalyst for change and strive to create a work environment where you can have the utmost autonomy over your role and projects from start to finish. If you want to join an innovative tech company where you can challenge yourself, have the freedom to own your work, and make a lasting impact, then you have a spot within our growing community!
OpenWeb is committed to building diverse teams and upholding an equal employment workplace that is free from discrimination. We hire amazing individuals regardless of their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical conditions, genetic information, disability, or Veteran status.
Build your skills with us as you build a better web for everyone. Join us!
Also, we care about your privacy! Please take a moment to review OpenWeb’s Privacy Practices
Something looks off?