Python Backend Engineer
We create a safe space for communities to thrive.
OpenWeb’s mission is to improve the quality of conversations online, building a healthier web where content creators of all kinds are empowered to thrive. As a product company, OpenWeb partners with publishers and brands to build strong, direct relationships with their audiences.
OpenWeb’s technology empowers its partners to build vibrant communities rooted in healthy conversations and robust social experiences. OpenWeb works with more than 1,000 top-tier publishers, hosting more than 100 million active users each month.
Founded in 2015, OpenWeb has nearly 300 employees in New York City, Tel Aviv, Kyiv, San Diego, Canada, London, and Paris and is backed by world-class investors, including Georgian, Insight Partners, Entrée Capital, The New York Times, Samsung Next, Dentsu, and ScaleUp. To date, the company has raised $393 million in funding and is currently valued at $1.5 billion.
To learn more about OpenWeb’s platform, visit OpenWeb.com, or follow @OpenWebHQ on LinkedIn and Twitter.
What You'll Do:
- Work with a small team of experienced and highly talented developers in a CI/CD environment with cutting-edge technologies.
- Evolve our architecture and engineering to support the ever-growing scale of users, features and data.
- Closely impact the company products architecture and craftsmanship.
- Work closely with Product and Design, taking full responsibility and ownership from conception to post-deployment in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Our Stack - Go, Python, React.JS, Redux, Ruby on Rails, AWS, Elastic Search, Redis, MySQL, Postgres
What You'll Bring:
- +4 Years of experience in Python 3.x and Django framework
- Strong proven technical skills and a passion for developing products that people love and use every day.
- Previous experience building a high-scale, cloud-based, web application from scratch.
- Understanding of products and a passion for building software that provides a great experience.
- Track record of excellence.
- Team player, strong communication skills, and empathetic.
- Focus on quality and simplicity.
The OpenWeb Culture
We offer a dynamic and unconventional work environment that spans from NYC to London, France, Kyiv, and Tel Aviv, bringing together a diverse group of world-class and high-caliber techies, wordsmiths, entrepreneurs, and creative thinkers. We empower every individual across our global team to be a catalyst for change and strive to create a work environment where you can have the utmost autonomy over your role and projects from start to finish. If you want to join an innovative tech company where you can challenge yourself, have the freedom to own your work, and make a lasting impact, then you have a spot within our growing community!
OpenWeb is committed to building diverse teams and upholding an equal employment workplace that is free from discrimination. We hire amazing individuals regardless of their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical conditions, genetic information, disability, or Veteran status.
Build your skills with us as you build a better web for everyone. Join us!
Also, we care about your privacy! Please take a moment to review OpenWeb’s Privacy Practices
Something looks off?