Engineering Team Leader
We create a safe space for communities to thrive.
OpenWeb’s mission is to improve the quality of conversations online, building a healthier web where content creators of all kinds are empowered to thrive. As a product company, OpenWeb partners with publishers and brands to build strong, direct relationships with their audiences.
OpenWeb’s technology empowers its partners to build vibrant communities rooted in healthy conversations and robust social experiences. OpenWeb works with more than 1,000 top-tier publishers, hosting more than 100 million active users each month.
Founded in 2015, OpenWeb has nearly 300 employees in New York City, Tel Aviv, Kyiv, San Diego, Canada, London, and Paris and is backed by world-class investors, including Georgian, Insight Partners, Entrée Capital, The New York Times, Samsung Next, Dentsu, and ScaleUp. To date, the company has raised $393 million in funding and is currently valued at $1.5 billion.
To learn more about OpenWeb’s platform, visit OpenWeb.com, or follow @OpenWebHQ on LinkedIn and Twitter.
What You'll Do:
- Lead Top Talent. You’ll be focused on leading highly talented Backend, Frontend & QA engineers and empowering them to increase the quality, efficiency, stability, deliverability, and maintainability of their projects.
- Architecture and Design. Our managers keep a hands-on approach and lead complex development projects from architecture to implementation. You’ll conduct code reviews and ensure your engineers create clean architecture and write highly scalable code in a large microservices architecture environment.
- Partner with Product. Partner closely with Product, Project, and Engineering leadership to define roadmaps.
- Build your team! Build an extremely talented and bonded engineering team.
What You'll Bring:
- 6+ years of experience working hands-on in FED development of complex web applications
- 3+ years of experience managing and mentoring engineers toward the timely delivery of high-quality software
- 2+ years experience in React.js framework - must
- Proven experience in mentoring and growing your team members
- Able to take ownership and communicate respectfully and effectively with both technical and non-technical teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - both in English and in Hebrew - A must
- Advantages: Hands-on experience and deep understanding of Redux and similar state-management solutions
- Fullstack experience
- Working knowledge of TypeScript - advantage
- Experience with performance optimization of large frontend code bases
- Experience with embeddable frontend modules and micro-frontend architecture
The OpenWeb Culture
We offer a dynamic and unconventional work environment that spans from NYC to London, France, Kyiv, and Tel Aviv, bringing together a diverse group of world-class and high-caliber techies, wordsmiths, entrepreneurs, and creative thinkers. We empower every individual across our global team to be a catalyst for change and strive to create a work environment where you can have the utmost autonomy over your role and projects from start to finish. If you want to join an innovative tech company where you can challenge yourself, have the freedom to own your work, and make a lasting impact, then you have a spot within our growing community!
OpenWeb is committed to building diverse teams and upholding an equal employment workplace that is free from discrimination. We hire amazing individuals regardless of their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical conditions, genetic information, disability, or Veteran status.
Build your skills with us as you build a better web for everyone. Join us!
Also, we care about your privacy! Please take a moment to review OpenWeb’s Privacy Practices.
Something looks off?