Frontend Engineer (Social)
We create a safe space for communities to thrive.
OpenWeb’s mission is to improve the quality of conversations online, building a healthier web where content creators of all kinds are empowered to thrive. As a product company, OpenWeb partners with publishers and brands to build strong, direct relationships with their audiences.
OpenWeb’s technology empowers its partners to build vibrant communities rooted in healthy conversations and robust social experiences. OpenWeb works with more than 1,000 top-tier publishers, hosting more than 100 million active users each month.
Founded in 2015, OpenWeb has nearly 300 employees in New York City, Tel Aviv, Kyiv, San Diego, Canada, London, and Paris and is backed by world-class investors, including Georgian, Insight Partners, Entrée Capital, The New York Times, Samsung Next, Dentsu, and ScaleUp. To date, the company has raised $393 million in funding and is currently valued at $1.5 billion.
To learn more about OpenWeb’s platform, visit OpenWeb.com, or follow @OpenWebHQ on LinkedIn and Twitter.
What You'll Do:
- Your Mission is to be part of the software development initiatives to drive the OpenWeb Product vision.
- Take charge. Maintain, develop and create the frontend advertisement unit to build the monetization network product capabilities needed to evolve OpenWeb’s business model to achieve success.
- Teamwork. You will be joining a cross-functional team that embraces an Agile/DevOps culture with an emphasis on ownership, accountability, automation, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Fast-paced. You will be supporting the design and development of fast and resilient web applications, along with the refactoring of legacy applications.
- Quality. You will be responsible for writing high-quality, defect-free, secure, extensible, and reusable code, and ensuring that code is protected and tested through rigorous automated testing practices.
- You will report to the Squad Engineering Manager.
What You'll Bring:
- 4+ years experience in developing frontend web applications at Saas-related companies
- Advantage: NoSQL databases- Redis, MySQL, and MongoDB.
- 4+ years using concepts like asynchronous programming, closures, types, and ES6
- Strong experience with browser API’s and optimizing frontend performance
- Experience with Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration techniques
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing practices
- Adtech knowledge
- Web based 3rd party applications
The OpenWeb Culture
We offer a dynamic and unconventional work environment that spans from NYC to London, France, Kyiv, and Tel Aviv, bringing together a diverse group of world-class and high-caliber techies, wordsmiths, entrepreneurs, and creative thinkers. We empower every individual across our global team to be a catalyst for change and strive to create a work environment where you can have the utmost autonomy over your role and projects from start to finish. If you want to join an innovative tech company where you can challenge yourself, have the freedom to own your work, and make a lasting impact, then you have a spot within our growing community!
OpenWeb is committed to building diverse teams and upholding an equal employment workplace that is free from discrimination. We hire amazing individuals regardless of their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical conditions, genetic information, disability, or Veteran status.
Build your skills with us as you build a better web for everyone. Join us!
Also, we care about your privacy! Please take a moment to review OpenWeb’s Privacy Practices
Something looks off?