We create a safe space for communities to thrive.
OpenWeb’s mission is to improve the quality of conversations online, building a healthier web where content creators of all kinds are empowered to thrive. As a product company, OpenWeb partners with publishers and brands to build strong, direct relationships with their audiences.
OpenWeb’s technology empowers its partners to build vibrant communities rooted in healthy conversations and robust social experiences. OpenWeb works with more than 1,000 top-tier publishers, hosting more than 100 million active users each month.
Founded in 2015, OpenWeb has nearly 300 employees in New York City, Tel Aviv, Kyiv, San Diego, Canada, London, and Paris and is backed by world-class investors, including Georgian, Insight Partners, Entrée Capital, The New York Times, Samsung Next, Dentsu, and ScaleUp. To date, the company has raised $393 million in funding and is currently valued at $1.5 billion.
To learn more about OpenWeb’s platform, visit OpenWeb.com, or follow @OpenWebHQ on LinkedIn and Twitter.
What You'll Do:
- Your Mission. Build OpenWeb’s pipelines and tools to enable measurement & visibility of user activities for product, analytics & leadership.
- End to End Ownership. Design, build, launch, expand and maintain our high-quality data platform using efficient and reliable data pipelines.
- Build It Your Way. Contribute to the process methodology for Data Engineering by implementing methodologies that are repeatable, scalable and efficient.
- Team Work. Work closely with engineers, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives.
- Get Creative. Use various technologies and techniques to solve complex data problems like - Spark, Athena, BigQuery, AWS platform, Airflow, Python etc.
- Deliver data to the most convenient data stores and in the most convenient format for data analytics.
- You will report to the Director of Data Engineering & Analytics.
What You'll Bring:
- 3+ years of experience as a data engineer
- 2+ years experience with Spark, Airflow, SQL, Python, Scala, or similar.
- Experience with Data Pipelines Design & Implementation
- Experience with Data warehouses, columnar and relational DBs, schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Redshift, BigQuery, Snowflake
- AWS Cloud
The OpenWeb Culture
We offer a dynamic and unconventional work environment that spans from NYC to London, France, Kyiv, and Tel Aviv, bringing together a diverse group of world-class and high-caliber techies, wordsmiths, entrepreneurs, and creative thinkers. We empower every individual across our global team to be a catalyst for change and strive to create a work environment where you can have the utmost autonomy over your role and projects from start to finish. If you want to join an innovative tech company where you can challenge yourself, have the freedom to own your work, and make a lasting impact, then you have a spot within our growing community!
OpenWeb is committed to building diverse teams and upholding an equal employment workplace that is free from discrimination. We hire amazing individuals regardless of their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical conditions, genetic information, disability, or Veteran status.
Build your skills with us as you build a better web for everyone. Join us!
Also, we care about your privacy! Please take a moment to review OpenWeb’s Privacy Practices
Something looks off?