Senior Product Manager, Trust & Safety
We create a safe space for communities to thrive.
OpenWeb’s mission is to improve the quality of conversations online, building a healthier web where content creators of all kinds are empowered to thrive. As a product company, OpenWeb partners with publishers and brands to build strong, direct relationships with their audiences.
OpenWeb’s technology empowers its partners to build vibrant communities rooted in healthy conversations and robust social experiences. OpenWeb works with more than 1,000 top-tier publishers, hosting more than 100 million active users each month.
Founded in 2015, OpenWeb has nearly 300 employees in New York City, Tel Aviv, Kyiv, San Diego, Canada, London, and Paris and is backed by world-class investors, including Georgian, Insight Partners, Entrée Capital, The New York Times, Samsung Next, Dentsu, and ScaleUp. To date, the company has raised $393 million in funding and is currently valued at $1.5 billion.
To learn more about OpenWeb’s platform, visit OpenWeb.com, or follow @OpenWebHQ on LinkedIn and Twitter.
OpenWeb is looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead the trust & safety products – a core product for our mission of safe online conversations. In this role, you will be responsible for leading the moderation roadmap, building and supporting the data tools and visibility required to support the moderation strategy and execution, and working with internal and external stakeholders to create alignment and coherent product plans. In this role, you will be working with cutting edge AI technology that is in the forefront of online moderation and safety solutions.
The ideal candidate is a product person at heart, data-driven and passionate about leveraging AI/ML and big data for improving online conversation and support our partners with tools to ensure the maximum potential of OpenWeb moderation capabilities are being used.
What You'll Do:
- Partner closely with product, data, development, commercial teams, and other stakeholders to deliver high-quality moderation and moderation-related data tools.
- Collect and analyze requirements across the organization for moderation-related initiatives, and prioritize them into a cohesive roadmap that aligns with the company objectives.
- Translate solutions into detailed requirements and acceptance criteria for the engineering and data teams in an agile environment.
- Develop new moderation products that increase the quality of the online conversations OpenWeb hosts across the open web, both from consumer and customer perspectives.
- Work closely with the product design team to design user-facing solutions for moderation and data-related products.
- Leverage existing engagement data into a unique product opportunities that drive business growth.
- Understand the competitive landscape of moderation and data related products and how each competitor serves customer/user needs/trends.
- Understand technical dependencies and be able to communicate what’s needed to our engineering and data teams.
- Ensure maximum alignment and collaboration with all relevant departments.
- You will report to the VP of Products.
What You'll Bring:
- 4+ years of experience as a product manager - must
- Experience leading products with large scale of users - advantage
- Prior experience in managing moderation/safety-related products - big advantage
- Good knowledge of data/AI/ML-based products and experience building products on top of large amounts data
- Client-facing experience - ability to work with clients to collect, analyze and prioritize needs and requests
- Experience in working in an agile environment with multiple teams, engineers, data scientists/engineering, and assorted stakeholders, in a fast-pacing and changing environment.
- Ability to demonstrate creative problem-solving skills, thoughtful product scoping, and flexibility in a fast-moving environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Aptitude for collaborating cross-functionally to drive and deliver solutions from ideation through go-t0-market.
- Ability to crystalize vague concepts into concise plans.
- Willingness to travel as part of the job.
The OpenWeb Culture
We offer a dynamic and unconventional work environment that spans from NYC to London, France, Kyiv, and Tel Aviv, bringing together a diverse group of world-class and high-caliber techies, wordsmiths, entrepreneurs, and creative thinkers. We empower every individual across our global team to be a catalyst for change and strive to create a work environment where you can have the utmost autonomy over your role and projects from start to finish. If you want to join an innovative tech company where you can challenge yourself, have the freedom to own your work, and make a lasting impact, then you have a spot within our growing community!
OpenWeb is committed to building diverse teams and upholding an equal employment workplace that is free from discrimination. We hire amazing individuals regardless of their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical conditions, genetic information, disability, or Veteran status.
Build your skills with us as you build a better web for everyone. Join us!
Also, we care about your privacy! Please take a moment to review OpenWeb’s Privacy Practices.