We create a safe space for communities to thrive.
OpenWeb’s mission is to improve the quality of conversations online, building a healthier web where content creators of all kinds are empowered to thrive. As a product company, OpenWeb partners with publishers and brands to build strong, direct relationships with their audiences.
OpenWeb’s technology empowers its partners to build vibrant communities rooted in healthy conversations and robust social experiences. OpenWeb works with more than 1,000 top-tier publishers, hosting more than 100 million active users each month.
Founded in 2015, OpenWeb has nearly 300 employees in New York City, Tel Aviv, Kyiv, San Diego, Canada, London, and Paris and is backed by world-class investors, including Georgian, Insight Partners, Entrée Capital, The New York Times, Samsung Next, Dentsu, and ScaleUp. To date, the company has raised $393 million in funding and is currently valued at $1.5 billion.
To learn more about OpenWeb’s platform, visit OpenWeb.com, or follow @OpenWebHQ on LinkedIn and Twitter.
What You'll Do:
- Research & Innovation: Lead cutting-edge research in NLP, focusing on areas like moderation, to create safe online spaces and optimize user engagement.
- Collaboration: Engage with cross-functional teams, contributing your expertise to deploy solutions like our recent real-time LLM serving under 20ms.
- Weekly Learning Sessions: Share your insights and explore new frameworks, papers, and ideas within our weekly learning cycles.
- Contribute to Core AI/ML Projects: Play a crucial role in the development and fine-tuning of algorithms and models that shape the OpenWeb experience.
- You will be reporting to the Director of Data Science.
What You'll Bring:
- 3+ years of proven experience with NLP research, with a deep understanding of LLMs and other modern NLP techniques.
- Proficiency in Python/Scala/Go, and hands-on experience with popular NLP frameworks and tools.
- A passion for exploring new ideas, staying at the forefront of NLP research, and translating insights into practical applications.
- Embrace our culture of open, positive attitudes and efficient teamwork, focusing on building rather than endless meetings.
The OpenWeb Culture
We offer a dynamic and unconventional work environment that spans from NYC to London, France, Kyiv, and Tel Aviv, bringing together a diverse group of world-class and high-caliber techies, wordsmiths, entrepreneurs, and creative thinkers. We empower every individual across our global team to be a catalyst for change and strive to create a work environment where you can have the utmost autonomy over your role and projects from start to finish. If you want to join an innovative tech company where you can challenge yourself, have the freedom to own your work, and make a lasting impact, then you have a spot within our growing community!
OpenWeb is committed to building diverse teams and upholding an equal employment workplace that is free from discrimination. We hire amazing individuals regardless of their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical conditions, genetic information, disability, or Veteran status.
Build your skills with us as you build a better web for everyone. Join us!
Also, we care about your privacy! Please take a moment to review OpenWeb’s Privacy Practices