Senior Data Product Manager
We create a safe space for communities to thrive.
OpenWeb’s mission is to improve the quality of conversations online, building a healthier web where content creators of all kinds are empowered to thrive. As a product company, OpenWeb partners with publishers and brands to build strong, direct relationships with their audiences.
OpenWeb’s technology empowers its partners to build vibrant communities rooted in healthy conversations and robust social experiences. OpenWeb works with more than 1,000 top-tier publishers, hosting more than 100 million active users each month.
Founded in 2015, OpenWeb has nearly 300 employees in New York City, Tel Aviv, Kyiv, San Diego, Canada, London, and Paris and is backed by world-class investors, including Georgian, Insight Partners, Entrée Capital, The New York Times, Samsung Next, Dentsu, and ScaleUp. To date, the company has raised $393 million in funding and is currently valued at $1.5 billion.
To learn more about OpenWeb’s platform, visit OpenWeb.com, or follow @OpenWebHQ on LinkedIn and Twitter
What You'll Do:
- Foundation vs Firefighting: Prioritize and lead initiatives that build a long-term foundation for our data products, minimizing the need for recurring short-term "fire drills."
- Stakeholder Process Development: Collaborate closely with stakeholders to create structured interaction processes, ensuring that requests to the data team are detailed, relevant, and aligned with broader objectives.
This is essential to prevent the data team from being overwhelmed with ambiguous or misaligned requests.
Understand technical dependencies and be able to communicate what's needed to our engineering and data teams.
- Stakeholder Management: Show adeptness in pushing back and setting clear boundaries with stakeholders, ensuring that demands align with the company’s strategic goals and data integrity.
- Self-Service Education: Advocate for and implement solutions that empower teams and stakeholders to self-serve their data needs, reducing dependencies on the data team.
- Prioritization Excellence: Collect and analyze requirements across the organization for data-related initiatives, then meticulously prioritize them into a cohesive roadmap in alignment with company objectives.
- Quality Control: Address data quality issues by establishing a single point of truth for all data sets, ensuring accuracy, and consistency across the board.
- Agile Collaboration: Translate solutions into detailed requirements and acceptance criteria for the engineering and data teams in an agile environment. Understand and communicate technical dependencies.
What You'll Bring:
- 10+ years as a data/product/business analyst or BI developer. - Must
- 5 + years of experience crafting SaaS products. - Must
- Profound knowledge of databases, data infrastructure, data collection, classification, and reporting.
- Proven client-facing skills with the capacity to collect, analyze, and prioritize client needs and requests.
- Experience in agile environments, collaborating with diverse teams – engineers, data scientists, and various stakeholders.
- Willingness to travel and adeptness in adapting to fast-paced environments.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to crystallize vague concepts into actionable plans.
- Demonstrated aptitude for working cross-functionally, driving products from ideation through go-to-market.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Hebrew.
- Aptitude for collaborating cross-functionally to drive and deliver solutions from ideation through go-to-market
- Ability to crystallize vague concepts into concise plans
The OpenWeb Culture
We offer a dynamic and unconventional work environment that spans from NYC to London, France, Kyiv, and Tel Aviv, bringing together a diverse group of world-class and high-caliber techies, wordsmiths, entrepreneurs, and creative thinkers. We empower every individual across our global team to be a catalyst for change and strive to create a work environment where you can have the utmost autonomy over your role and projects from start to finish. If you want to join an innovative tech company where you can challenge yourself, have the freedom to own your work, and make a lasting impact, then you have a spot within our growing community!
OpenWeb is committed to building diverse teams and upholding an equal employment workplace that is free from discrimination. We hire amazing individuals regardless of their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical conditions, genetic information, disability, or Veteran status.
Build your skills with us as you build a better web for everyone. Join us!
Also, we care about your privacy! Please take a moment to review OpenWeb’s Privacy Practices.