Senior Product Manager
We create a safe space for communities to thrive.
OpenWeb’s mission is to improve the quality of conversations online, building a healthier web where content creators of all kinds are empowered to thrive. As a product company, OpenWeb partners with publishers and brands to build strong, direct relationships with their audiences.
OpenWeb’s technology empowers its partners to build vibrant communities rooted in healthy conversations and robust social experiences. OpenWeb works with more than 1,000 top-tier publishers, hosting more than 100 million active users each month.
Founded in 2015, OpenWeb has nearly 300 employees in New York City, Tel Aviv, Kyiv, San Diego, Canada, London, and Paris and is backed by world-class investors, including Georgian, Insight Partners, Entrée Capital, The New York Times, Samsung Next, Dentsu, and ScaleUp. To date, the company has raised $393 million in funding and is currently valued at $1.5 billion.
To learn more about OpenWeb’s platform, visit OpenWeb.com or follow @OpenWebHQ on LinkedIn and Twitter.
As the Senior Product Manager for OpenWeb's social products, you will spearhead the evolution and enhancement of our core social product offering, catering to millions of users across web and native mobile SDK.
You will lead a suite of user-facing engagement products, including our flagship product, Conversation, as well as Reactions, Topic Tracker, Live Blog and other interactive elements. These tools help publishers engage their readers and build a thriving community—which brings more registrations, return visits, valuable first-party data, and more. These engagement funnels are a key first step to owning their audiences and future-proofing their business.
You will be reporting to the VP of Product.
What you’ll do:
- Complete Ownership: Manage the entire lifecycle of your products from ideation to execution in both web and native mobile SDK, meeting company OKRs, user and publisher needs. Become a subject matter expert in your areas of ownership.
- Strategize & Innovate : Formulate both short and long term product strategies for your products, charting a compelling trajectory to drive product usage and adoption .
- Hands On Execution:
- Define feature specifications and work closely with engineering teams to ensure effective delivery.
- Maintain well-groomed product backlogs, ensuring that items are properly prioritized and detailed.
- Publisher Facing: Work closely with publishers and support the delivery of publisher facing documentation.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: work with product, development, design, data, and commercial teams to deliver top-tier products.
- Data-Driven: Harness engagement data to identify distinctive product prospects.
What You’ll Bring:
- A minimum of 5 years of proven experience as a product manager leading user-facing products with a proven track record of defining, managing, and delivering large scale solutions.
- Familiarity with online publishing or community management is a plus.
- Proficiency in client engagement, including translating client needs into tangible product requirements.
- Capable of leading and pushing forward in a fast-paced, changing environment with a can-do attitude.
- Equipped to recognize and address challenges and opportunities.
- Ability to leverage data insights for product enhancement.
- User-Centric Thinking: Craft user-centric solutions for social and community-related products.
- Experience with a mobile or SDK products (Advantage)
The OpenWeb Culture
At OpenWeb, we foster a dynamic and unconventional work environment that spans across multiple global locations, including NYC, London, France, Kyiv, and Tel Aviv. Our team consists of diverse and high-caliber professionals from various backgrounds, including tech, writing, entrepreneurship, and creative thinking. We empower every individual to be a catalyst for change and provide autonomy over their roles and projects from start to finish. If you want to join an innovative tech company where you can challenge yourself, own your work, and make a lasting impact, OpenWeb is the place for you!
OpenWeb is committed to building diverse teams and maintaining an equal employment workplace that is free from discrimination. We hire exceptional individuals regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical conditions, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Build your skills with us as you contribute to building a better web for everyone. Join us on this exciting journey!
Please review OpenWeb’s Privacy Practices for information regarding your privacy.