Technical Support Engineer
Talon Cyber Security
Our mission at Talon is to enable and protect the distributed workforce, impacting how hundreds of millions of employees around the globe work. We empower organizations to adopt hybrid, flexible and productive work models while gaining a robust cyber security posture regardless of the device and location. At Talon, we are delivering the first secure enterprise browser designed to secure the distributed workforce, solving a major technical challenge, and seizing a unique business opportunity.
As Talonists, we value kindness, excellence, creativity, problem-solving, ownership, personal integrity, teamwork, and professionalism while maintaining a super fun and friendly environment.
Winner of the Innovation Sandbox Contest at RSA Conference 2022, Talon is partnering with the two leading vendors in endpoint security: CrowdStrike and Microsoft. Talon has raised $126M in funding from top cybersecurity VCs, including Ballistic Ventures, CrowdStrike’s Falcon Fund, Evolution Equity Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Merlin Ventures, Sorenson Ventures, SYN Ventures, and Team8.
- Solve complicated scenarios by building relevant environments and investigating the issues.
- Provide technical support to customers and partners.
- Work with our Engineering team and influence the operability of the product.
- Review of technical documentation for training materials, technical marketing collateral, manuals, troubleshooting guides, etc.
- Team player, positive attitude, problem-solver, Hands-on.
- At least 2 years of experience with technical support or networking.
- Proven experience working in the cyber security industry.
- Strong experience with Windows OS, Linux OS, and Mac OS-based applications (Installation, troubleshooting, Debugging).
- Highly proficient with Cloud infrastructure, understanding malware, exploits & operating system structure.
- Experience with Endpoint security software (Antivirus, DLP, IPS, NAC), Knowledge of SIEM, vulnerability management tools, Identity providers, and firewalls.
- Able to effectively communicate to all levels and stakeholders - internally and externally on complex technical issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with scripting languages like Python or Bash.
- Knowledge of VDI (VMWare Horizon, Citrix XenApp, and XenDesktop).
- Previous experience with Datadog.
- Familiarity with customer care tools like Freshdesk or Zendesk.